Children's Bible Drill
|Children's Bible Drill helps children in Grades 4-6 increase in their knowledge of the Bible and in learning how to apply the Bible to their lives. Children's Bible Drill is made up of three cycles of verses and key passages that rotate over a three-year period. At the end of three years in Children's Bible Drill, children will have memorized the books of the Bible and 75 Bible verses. Children will be able to locate Bible books, verses, and 30 Key Passages.
April 29, 2017: Regional Dates & Locations & Coordinators - Green Cycle
Children's Bible Drill in Tennessee is divided into regions. Each region has a coordinator that is ready to assist you with all of your Children's Bible Drill needs. State Coordinator: Donna Blaydes (865) 850-0455
EAST - Central Bearden Baptist Church, Knoxville; Candy Macon 865-938-1163
NORTHEAST - First Baptist Church, Morristown; Dinah DeFord, 423-366-1393
CENTRAL - Hermitage Hills Baptist Church, Hermitage; Clarissa Childress 615-569-4094
NORTH CENTRAL - Washington Ave Baptist Church, Cookeville; Deona Thomas & Jackie Smith, 615-683-6696 / 615-683-6154
SOUTH CENTRAL - First Baptist Church, Columbia; Cindy Moore 931-840-0982
WEST - Faith Baptist Church, Bartlett; Crystal McCartie 901-828-6693
SOUTHWEST (Rest of West) - Englewood Baptist Church, Jackson; Norma Austin 731-780-1548
NORTHWEST - First Baptist Church, Milan; Rhonda Gateley 731-499-0944
The Cycle for the next three years is:
- 2017 - Green
- 2018 - Red
- 2019 - Blue
Bible Skills, Drills, and Thrills! (Grades 1-6) This 36-session course helps children explore God's Word and prepare for Bible Drill by learning Bible books, verses and key passages. Children will study the history and people of the Bible, discover how God's Word applies to their lives, and prepare for an exciting Bible Drill!
Children's Bible Drill is only for children in grades 4-6. However, Bible Skills, Drills, & Thrills provides a Bible skills development curriculum for all children in grades 1-6. There are two plans: one for grades 1–3 and one for grades 4–6. You will need:
- 1 Leader Guide and Leader Pack per group
- 1 Activity Book for each child
- 1 Music & Games CD-ROM 5-pack for every five families
- Verse cards for 4th–6th graders preparing for Children's Bible Drill (Verse card must correspond with the edition of the Bible drillers are using.)
- A Bible for each child. Bible Drillers must use an official Drill Bible.
- These materials may be purchased at your local LifeWay Book Store or ordered online from LifeWay Christian Store's online book store. Links to curriculum below:
New Bible Drill materials are available from LifeWay each year in July/August.
Helpful Hints for Children's Bible Drill
- Check with your Regional Coordinator and Association for your Drill dates, and then set your Church's Drill date.
- Follow these Guidelines prior to the Associational Drills:
January – Contact your State Regional Coordinator to schedule a time when they can train your Judging Team (Caller, 2 Judges, Timekeeper). It is important for your church and Association to follow the same guidelines as the State Drill.
February – Make sure your Judging Team knows where and when to be trained.
March/April – Have your Church's Drill prior to the Associational Drill.
April – Attend your Associational Drill.
- Remember: Certificates are given at the Associational Drill and Additional seals, to be placed on the certificates, are given at the State Drill. Trophies are given at the State Drill to children who have completed their 3rd year of Children's State Bible Drill. Please help us keep these honors "special" by reinforcing your Church's children in other ways!
View Drill Demonstration Video:
This training video will help children and leaders understand what a Bible drill competition looks like.