Make Recommendations For
Directors of Tennessee Baptist Mission Board
Trustees of Institutions
Members of Committees
Follow the link below to make your recommendation online for individuals to serve as a Director of Tennessee Baptist Mission Board, Trustee of Carson-Newman University, Union University, Harrison-Chilhowee Baptist Academy, Tennessee Baptist Adult Homes, Tennessee Baptist Children’s Home, and Tennessee Baptist Foundation, as well as a member of any one of the 8 TBC Committees.
The link will take you to the Tennessee Online Ministry Network. Once there, you will be asked to create a user name and password for yourself (not for your church). After the user name and password is created, you will click on a link named Board/Committee Recommendation Form. This link will contain the form you need to complete for each recommendation you wish to submit.
- To complete the recommendation, you will need to know basic contact information for the recommendation, church membership and involvement, occupation, and specific gifts and abilities.
- Deadline is March 10, 2017. Any recommendations received after that date will be considered as vacancies occur.
- All recommendations will be considered by the Committees. However, no person submitting a recommendation should assume that his/her recommendation will automatically be nominated to the messengers of the annual meeting for election.
Bylaw Requirements for Nominations:
- Must be member of Cooperating Tennessee Baptist Church.
- Must not be a regular employee of TN Baptist Mission Board or an Institution.
- Must agree to covenant to serve in accordance with, and not contrary to, the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- Some positions are subject to restrictions by grand region and others serving from the same church.
- Individuals must be off a Board or Committee for at least one year before serving on another Board or Committee. Returning to the TN Baptist Mission Board, Committee on Boards or Committees requires being off for 3 years, 4 years and 4 years respectively.
Committee Preferences for Nominations:
- Preference is given to qualified individuals that are Christ followers that have a discernible close walk with the Lord, serve effectively in their local church and a commitment to the purposes of the Tennessee Baptist Mission Board.
- Preference is given to qualified individuals that will increase the ethnic, gender and vocational diversity on Boards and Committees.
- Preference is given to qualified individuals that are members of churches that demonstrate a financial commitment of giving through the Cooperative Program. Desired minimum level of giving based on undesignated receipts is 5% for TN Baptist Mission Board, 2% for TBMB Committees and 2% for Institutions. Participation in the Golden Offering for TN Missions is also preferred for the TN Baptist Mission Board.