If you are a church, association, state, or SBC agency secretary or ministry assistant, we have you in mind! The Secretaries Association has as its purpose:
- To identify and properly relate the various roles of the secretary to the church, association, state, and SBC agencies staffs.
- To provide fellowship opportunities with people of similar interests and to stimulate an interchange of ideas.
- To develop a better understanding of the work of the secretary.
- To provide programs that will deepen the spiritual understanding of the secretary; improve her performance; increase her personal effectiveness; acquaint her with the latest tools; and encourage an interest in the vocation of the secretary.
This organization can benefit you. Member dues are $15 for one year or $25 for two years. Retirees are $10 for one year or $15 for two years. Download membership form.
For more information on TN Baptist Convention Secretaries Association (TBCSA) & Church Secretaries, contact Heather Beard.
For more information on Associational Secretaries, contact Joy Clay-Corby.
NASBS – National Association of Southern Baptist Secretaries
- Educate by providing opportunities for continued training and spiritual enrichment.
- Encourage fellowship and networking among members.
- Enrich by stimulating individual growth and professional excellence.
- Enlighten and enable members to be more effective and efficient as their roles expand.
- Excite and help secretaries succeed in their chosen field of ministry.
- Inform members.
- Composed of secretaries and other office personnel of Southern Baptist churches, associations, state offices, and persons retired from offices.
- Entitled to voting privileges, receives quarterly newsletters of NASBS, and special registration fees for the LifeWay Personal Enrichment Program of Certification and the National Conference.
Membership dues for the calendar year are payable by January 1st.
- Initial dues $30.00
- Renewal dues $25.00
- Retiree dues $10.00
Opportunities for Growth:
Members are encouraged to grow in personal and professional excellence through
- Professional Course Seminars for Ministry Secretaries and Assistants
- Christian Growth Study Plans
- Local associational training conferences
- State training conferences
For more information about this organization and training events, contact your associational office or Karen Tomlin, LifeWay Christian Resources, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.