To assist churches and associations in establishing effective and efficient church libraries.
To provide quality training events for church and associational library workers as well as providing personal assistance for individuals, churches, and associations in beginning or improving their library ministries.
Tennessee Baptist Convention
Church Library Ministry
P.O. Box 728
Brentwood, TN 37024-0728
Church Library E-Newsletter
Periodic Tennessee Baptist Convention Church Library E-newsletter
Click here to subscribe to a free e-newsletter mailing list for Church Library, sponsored by the Church Library Ministry.
Church Library Ministry Information Service
What Is It?
- A comprehensive how-to resource for church librarians.
- A starter-pack (164 pages with 6 tabs; three-hole punched) containing the best practices in church library administration, classification and cataloging, collection development, and promotion.
- A tool for organizing all of the information that guides your church library ministry—web site articles, conference handouts, and LifeWay Christian Store releases.
- A resource that will never go out of date!
Who Wrote It?
- Beth Andrews, Park Cities Baptist Church Library Team Leader, Dallas, TX
- Hope Winter Ferguson, First Baptist Church Library Team Leader, Natchitoches, LA
- Eva Nell Hunter, Central Baptist Church Library Team Leader, Decatur, AL
- Morlee Maynard, National Leader, Church Library Ministry, LifeWay Christian Resources
- David Tiller, Senior Organizational Development Specialist, LifeWay Christian Stores
Cost: $19.99 (ISBN: 0-8054-5906-5)
Publisher: Broadman & Holman
Available from LifeWay Christian Stores and www.lifewaystores.com.
New Library Starts
The library ministry in a church supports and undergirds the churches total education and missions programs, meets the needs of people, aids in the Christian growth and development of the individual, and promotes the spread of the Gospel.
Many of our churches today have realized the importance of a library ministry but are unsure how to begin this vital ministry. For assistance in beginning a library ministry in your church, contact: Bev League, Church Library Specialist, (615) 289-8344 or (800) 558-2090.
Churches interested in starting a library ministry are asked to complete a simple form after they have voted to begin this ministry. Upon our reception of this form, the church will be sent a voucher good for one free registration at the Fall Church Library Clinic of their choice. Four of these clinics are held across the state each fall.
For more information regarding the Church Library Ministry, contact:
Bev League (615) 289-8344
Concourse Computer Software
Many of our churches are discovering the benefits of automating their libraries. This added dimension to our services enables us to reach more people through media; allows us to keep up with the trends; makes the librarian’s job easier; saves time and money; improves organization; increases usability of our libraries and makes libraries and librarians more efficient.
Concourse is a powerful system software that automates nearly every library task, yet is simple to use. From circulation and bibliographic input to card and label printing Concourse practically does the job for you. Designed and developed for church libraries, Concourse will transform your library into a more useful resource center.
For more information on Concourse contact:
Book Systems, Inc.
721 Clinton Avenue, Suite 7
Huntsville, AL 35801
Toll free: 800/219-6571