Use these links for church staff positions.
- Online Employment Application – You will be directed to create a user name & password for your employment application. You may save your progress on the form, and complete it at a later time by entering your user name & password.
TBMB Staff Positions Available:
Human Resources Ministry Assistant
Primary Function: Coordinates various Human Resources functions for the organization employees, independent contractors and volunteers.
Preferred Qualifications: Education: High School diploma with college or vocational/technical school
Experience: One to three years’ or more administrative office experience preferably in Human Resources
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Physical Requirements: Physically able to sit / stand at a desk for an extended period of each day, answer telephone handset, utilize computer keyboard and mouse, and verbally communicate with co-workers and guests in work area. Physically move from desk to central work areas for copies, supplies, files and other materials, and able to participate in a variety of staff and other types of meetings. Occasional bending, standing or stooping. Occasionally lifts and carries up to 35 pounds.
Information concerning TBMB staff positions may be obtained by contacting Human Resources Office, P.O. Box 682789, Franklin, TN 37068, (615) 371-2013. All candidates must submit an application to be considered for a position.
TENNESSEE BAPTIST MISSION BOARD
4017 RURAL PLAINS CIRCLE
HOURS: 7:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
BENEFITS AVAILABLE FOR FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES:
Comprehensive Medical Coverage
Life Insurance 4 x Annual Salary
Spouse Life Insurance
Child Life Insurance
403B Retirement Plan – 10% Annual Salary
For more information, call (615) 371-2013 or (800) 558-2090 ext. 2013; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
TENNESSEE BAPTIST FOUNDATION POSITION:
We are currently seeking an Accountant located in Franklin Tennessee. This position is responsible for day-to-day accounting functions, monthly and annual reporting, maintaining adequate and accurate records for all account procedures and coordinating duties with other staff as needed. We offer competitive benefits including: Paid time off, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Retirement benefits and other Insurance Options.
- Establish and maintain adequate and accurate records for all accounting procedures
- Ensure accurate recording of all accounts payable transactions, invoices and any other financial transactions.
- Identify discrepancies, resolve problems and/or make recommendations for changes.
- Prepare and post month end general journal entries and prepare statements for monthly review
- Maintain Cash Receipts Journal and unitized pool funds within the Foundation portfolio
- Calculate monthly market values, purchase and sell shares, distribute income, allocate gains and losses and disburse income to beneficiaries per trust documents.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements of all Foundation accounts.
- Ensure that Foundation income checks and direct deposit transactions are processed
- Prepare various monthly reports and assist the Executive Vice President and the President-Treasurer
- Review and verify monthly statements from investment brokers
- Prepare financial information for committee meeting, conventions, seminars, associational meetings and publications.
- Prepare financial information for periodic financial reports and annual audit reports for all Tennessee Baptist Convention institutions, agencies, associations, churches and individuals and/or as needed or requested.
- Prepare financial information for annual Tennessee Baptist Foundation audit and assist in the physical audit process.
- Work in a cooperative effort to assist other staff, third party vendors and Foundation executives in all tasks as needed or requested.
- These duties and responsibilities may be altered and/or amended by the President-Treasurer as conditions and circumstances dictate in order to efficiently carry out the work of the Foundation.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ Accounting experience or equivalent required
- Ability to anticipate issues and needs and take initiative to respond appropriately
- Resourceful and organized with a high level of attention to detail
- Works collaboratively within a team
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff, trustees and external clients
- Ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task and manage time
- High level of professionalism and discretion to maintain matter of confidentiality
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, accounting software knowledge, and trust accounting knowledge preferred
- Sound understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Interested individuals should email resume to email@example.com or mail to:
Rev. Bill Gruenewald
Tennessee Baptist Foundation
PO Box 682789
Franklin, TN 37068