- Church Staff Positions
- Churches Seeking Staff
- Transitional Interim Pastor Training – Feb. 8-10, 2021, Newport
- Resource: A Guide to the Pastor Search Process
Services are provided to assist ministers and churches. There are no fees for the services, as they are funded through the Cooperative Program.
- We accept biographical information from ministers and staff personnel who choose to use this service.
- We provide Church Information Sheets.
- We share information with Pulpit and Personnel Committees (without offering a recommendation).
- We visit churches at their invitation to talk with Pulpit and Personnel Committees about procedures and principles for calling pastors and other staff persons.
- We visit the Southern Baptist Theological Seminaries periodically to interview and offer support and assistance to students who may wish to serve in Tennessee after graduation.
- We attempt to offer a caring and listening attitude to those who visit us.
- We offer counseling to ministers who are experiencing difficulty and attempt to help them through their difficulty. When deemed appropriate, referrals will be made to qualified counselors. If the minister is unable to pay, we will assist with funds to cover the cost of counseling.
- A counseling service is also offered to churches and pastors in conflict, but only at the express invitation of both pastor and church.
- All counseling, referral, and other services are conducted in the utmost confidence.
- In the event of forced termination of a staff person, our office will offer limited financial assistance by application.
- Insurance (hospitalization) will also be paid on behalf of the terminated minister for up to three (3) months. Requests must be made monthly.
- We will assist churches in securing supply speakers, interim pastors, and other staff personnel upon request.
- Pastors and staff members willing to serve in an interim capacity may leave their name in our office to be called when the need arises.
- We maintain an open door policy. We are here to serve the people of the Tennessee Baptist Mission Board. While it is preferable to call for an appointment you are warmly invited to visit and use the services of this team anytime.
When you need assistance contact:
- Steve Holt firstname.lastname@example.org
- For TBMB resume system and/or Minister’s Emergency Financial Aid – Contact Beth Nichols at 615.371.2043 or email@example.com
- For Counseling Services and/or Conflict Resolution – Contact Joy Clay-Corby at 615.371.2018 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For all other assistance – Contact Heather Beard at 615.371.2061 or email@example.com