- Brownsville Baptist Church – Pastor Ben Cowell, 5 N Wilson Ave, Brownsville (731) 772-9753 Email
- Zion Baptist Church – Pastor Mike Young, 1733 Upper Zion Rd, Brownsville (731) 772-4211 Email
- New Vision Community Church – Pastor J.P. Barden, 612 Fulton Rd, Brownsville (731) 772-2663 Email
- Hope of Glory Baptist Church – Pastor Anthony Kemp, 1274 Thornton Rd, Brownsville (731) 741-4473 Email
- Iglesia Bautista Cristo Rey – (no pastor currently) 1458 E Main St, Brownsville, (731) 616-8941 Email
- Poplar Corner Baptist Church – Pastor Greg Bowers, 1010 Boyd Ave, Brownsville (731) 772-0950 Email
- Charleston Baptist Church – Pastor Mike Melton, 8624 Highway 179, Stanton (901) 476-8479 Email
- Covington First Baptist Church – Pastor Cliff Marion, 2105 Hwy 59 S, Covington (901) 476-2489 Email
- Somerville First Baptist Church – Pastor Stan Smith, 12685 S Main St, Somerville (901) 465-3528 Email
- Fayette Baptist Church – Pastor Drew Murphy, 12465 US Hwy 64, Somerville (901) 465-3433 Email
GOD’S PLAN FOR YOU
God made you to have a relationship with Him.
“I have come so that [you] may have life and have it in abundance.” –John 10:10
The Bible tells us we are all sinners by nature and choice. Sin is a failure to meet God’s standard for how we should live, and there is nothing we can do on our own to make ourselves accepted by God.
“For all have sinned and come short of God’s glory. -Romans 3:23
Without God’s intervention to make right with Him, we face death and eternal punishment in hell because of our sin, but God offers Jesus as the way to be made right with God.
“The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” –Romans 6:23
But the Bible also says God loves you and He has a purpose for your life.
“For God loved the world in this way: He gave his one and only Son (Jesus), so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.” -John 3:16
THIS IS GREAT NEWS! Jesus died in your place, taking God’s punishment for your sins!
“For I didn’t come to call the righteous [to salvation], but sinners.” –Matthew 9:13
But to receive God’s gift of salvation through Jesus Christ, you must repent (turn away from your sin) believe that Jesus died to save you and are willing to follow His direction for your life.
“If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved. For Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” –Romans 10:9-10, 13
Being “saved” means God has forgiven you of your sin, restored you to the relationship God meant for you to have with Him, and promises to give you a new life now and for all eternity. You may be asking, “Where do I start?” It simply begins by talking to God and maybe saying something like this:
“Dear God, I believe that Jesus is your Son, and that He died on the cross and was raised from the dead. I also believe that I have sinned and am in need of forgiveness. I am willing to turn from my sins and believe in Jesus as my Savior and Lord. Thank you for giving me forgiveness and eternal life through your Son. I pray this in Jesus’ name.”
If this prayer or a similar prayer in your own words expresses your desire, first welcome to the family of God! Second, it would be good for you to let a minister know so he can help direct you on your new life journey. Please click here to connect with a minister.
Or, if after reading through the verses above and you’d like to speak further with someone, please click here to connect with a minister.
Just know that God loves you and cares deeply for you, and that Tennessee Baptists are praying that you might come to a personal knowledge and relationship with Jesus Christ. If you would like to speak with a minister for any reason, please click here.