Children’s Bible Drill helps children in Grades 4-6 increase in their knowledge of the Bible and in learning how to apply the Bible to their lives. Children’s Bible Drill is made up of three cycles of verses and key passages that rotate over a three-year period. At the end of three years in Children’s Bible Drill, children will have memorized the books of the Bible and 75 Bible verses. Children will be able to locate Bible books, verses, and 30 Key Passages.
Locations for 2022 will be listed here upon approval.
For more information contact the TBMB Bible Drill Coordinator: Donna Blaydes (865) 850-0455
The Cycle for the next three years is:
- 2022 – Blue
- 2023 – Green
- 2024 – Red
LifeWay Bible Drill Materials:
Bible Skills, Drills, and Thrills! (Grades 1-6)
Bible Skills, Drills, and Thrills! (Grades 1-6) This 36-session course helps children explore God’s Word and prepare for Bible Drill by learning Bible books, verses and key passages. Children will study the history and people of the Bible, discover how God’s Word applies to their lives, and prepare for an exciting Bible Drill!
Children’s Bible Drill is only for children in grades 4-6. However, Bible Skills, Drills, & Thrills provides a Bible skills development curriculum for all children in grades 1-6. There are two plans: one for grades 1–3 and one for grades 4–6. You will need:
- 1 Leader Kit per group
- 1 Activity Book for each child
- Verse cards for 4th–6th graders preparing for Children’s Bible Drill (Verse card must correspond with the edition of the Bible drillers are using.)
- A Bible for each child. Bible Drillers must use an official Drill Bible.
– Christian Standard Bible
– King James Version
These materials may be ordered online from LifeWay.com.
Helpful Hints for Children’s Bible Drill
- Check with your Association Office and the TBMB Bible Drill Coordinator for the current year Drill dates, and then set your Church’s Drill date.
- Follow these Guidelines prior to the Associational Drills:
January – Contact the TBMB Bible Drill Coordinator to schedule a time when they can train your Judging Team (Caller, 2 Judges, Timekeeper). It is important for your church and Association to follow the same guidelines as the Regional Drill.
February – Make sure your Judging Team knows where and when to be trained.
March/April – Have your Church’s Drill prior to the Associational Drill.
April – Attend your Associational Drill and Regional Drill.
- Remember: Certificates are given at the Associational Drill and additional seals, to be placed on the certificates, are given at the Regional Drill. Awards are given at the Regional Drill to children who have completed their 3rd year of Children’s State Bible Drill.