What is the TBSA?
WHAT IS THE TBSA?
The TBSA is an organization of the Tennessee Baptist Convention designed to support and assist church, association, state and SBC agency secretaries and ministry assistants.
A WORD TO MINISTRY ASSISTANTS AND SECRETARIES
- How do you make sure that you are doing the best job you can?
- How do you expand your job skills and add new tools?
- How do you deal with the personal issues you encounter every day?
- Does anyone understand the uniqueness of your job?
- Are there others who understand and realize the important role you play in the life of your church or organization?
TBSA is an organization for fellowship with others who have the same questions, the same pressures and the same desire to serve.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE?
- Provide opportunities for fellowship, training, and networking
- Provide programs that will help ministry assistants
- Deepen spiritually
- Improve performance
- Increase personal effectiveness
- Discover new tools
- Learn new skills
- Be encouraged
- Fellowship with others
Amanda Anderson, President, Dayton, FBC
Ruth Rodenberg, Vice-President, Alpha Baptist Association
Julia Binford, West TN Representative, Leawood East Baptist Church
Mandy Wilson, Middle TN Representative, Bear Cove Baptist Church
Kathy Wilson, East TN Representative, Watauga Baptist Association
Heather Beard, TBMB Liaison, Tennessee Baptist Mission Board
The officers of the TBSA are all church, associational or state ministry assistants and they can assist you.
- Low price of $25 for 2 years; $15 for retirees
- Welcome packet and membership card
- Fellowship with like-minded people
- Voting privileges and input on conference topics
- Member discount on future state conferences
- First to know about secretary events
- Local representatives who listen to members and help make resources and networking available
- Special Facebook page for members only